This event has already passed
Join this small class for new or expectant parents or those new to baby carriers. This class covers all the babywearing basics. We will discuss different carrier types, demonstrate proper use and positioning, and break down the advantages for each carrier type. This 90 minute session covers the following:
- Age appropriate carrier types
- Safety and proper positioning for your baby
- Demonstration of a few beginning carries in 5 major carrier types (Ring Sling, Meh Dai, Soft Structured Carrier, Woven Wraps, Stretchy Wraps)
- Opportunity to get hands on help with (at least) one carrier from our extensive library.
- Reference sheets to bring home with you.
Babywearing 101 is held once a month from 2:00-3:30pm. Pre-registration is required.
Jay McMillin, founder of Modern Babywearing, is the lead instructor. She is trained as a Babywearing Consultant through the Center for Babywearing Studies, is a Certified Lactation Educator, and a Certified Kangaroo Caregiver. She has years of hands-on experience teaching families to safely wear their children in her capacity as a Volunteer Babywearing Educator.