Monthly every 2nd Saturday from Jan 12 2019 to Dec 14 2019
Join this small class for new or expectant parents or those new to baby carriers. This class covers all the babywearing basics. We will discuss different carrier types, demonstrate proper use and positioning, and break down the advantages for each carrier type. This 90 minute session covers the following:
- Age appropriate carrier types
- Safety and proper positioning for your baby
- Demonstration of a few beginning carries in 5 major carrier types (Ring Sling, Meh Dai, Soft Structured Carrier, Woven Wraps, Stretchy Wraps)
- Opportunity to get hands on help with carriers from our extensive library.
- Reference sheets to bring home with you.
This class is intended for caregivers *before* the baby arrives. If baby is already here and you need help choosing or fitting a carrier, a Babywearing Cafe appointment or a Private Consultation would better suit your needs. Check out all our Babywearing offerings here: https://store.tinytots.com/190/Babywearing/
Babywearing 101 is held once a month. Pre-registration is required.
Jay McMillin, founder of Modern Babywearing, is the lead instructor. She is trained as a Babywearing Consultant through the Center for Babywearing Studies, is a Certified Lactation Educator, and a Certified Kangaroo Caregiver. She has years of hands-on experience teaching families to safely wear their children in her capacity as a Volunteer Babywearing Educator.