This event has already passed
For the new parents or those brand new to baby carriers, this class covers all the babywearing basics. Taught by Jay McMillin, trained as a Babywearing Consultant through the Center for Babywearing Studies.
She will discuss the history of Babywearing, how it can be used as a tool to facilitate early infant bonding, and to help get breastfeeding off to a good start. This 90 minute session covers the following:
- Age appropriate carrier types
- Safety and proper positioning for your baby
- Demonstration of a few beginning carries in 5 major carrier types (Ring Sling, Mei Tai, Soft Structured Carrier, Woven Wraps, Stretchy Wraps)
- Opportunity to get hands on help with (at least) one carrier from our extensive library.
- Help finding a carrier that fits your individual criteria
- Reference sheets to bring home with you.
Sign up online. $25