Choosing A Baby Carrier
Monthly every 2nd Saturday from Apr 11 2020 to Mar 13 2021.
Join this class for new or expectant parents or those new to baby carriers. This class covers all the babywearing basics. We will discuss different carrier types, demonstrate proper use and positioning, and break down the advantages for each carrier type. This 90 minute session covers the following :
- Age appropriate carrier types
- Safety and proper positioning for your baby
- Demonstration of a few beginning carries in 5 major carrier types (Ring Sling, Mei Tai, Soft Structured Carrier, Woven Wraps, Stretchy Wraps)
- Opportunity to get hands on help with carriers from our extensive library.
- Help finding a carrier that fits your individual criteria.
- Reference sheets to bring home with you
This class is intended for caregivers *before* the baby arrives. If baby is already here and you need help choosing or fitting a carrier, a Babywearing Cafe appointment or a Private Consultation would better suit your needs.
Check out all our Babywearing offerings here:
Class runs from 11:30am-1:00pm
The charge for this class is $35 for up to two people.
Jay McMillin, founder of Modern Babywearing, is the lead instructor. She is a Certified Lactation Consultant, A CPST (Certified Passenger Safety Technician), and is trained as a Babywearing Consultant through the Center for Babywearing Studies. She lives in Campbell with her 2 Little Girls (7 & 2 years old).