Get our bi-weekly email
newsletter (no spam)
Keeping Campbell Area Residents In Touch With Their Community For Over Fifty Years
Drink Beer, Fund Campbell Historical MuseumThe Campbell Historical Museum announces that Rock Bottom Brewery of Campbell's annual Fire Chief Ale Promotion, starting February 25, 2014, will raise funds for the care and conservation of over 400 fire department-related items at the Campbell Historical Museum.
The Fire Chief Ale Promotion kicks off with a keg tapping on Tuesday, February 25 at 6pm at Rock Bottom's Campbell Pruneyard location, 1875 South Bascom Ave. Fire Chief Ale, a full-bodied amber with a dry, mildly hopped finish, is one of the specialty beers brewed throughout the year by Rock Bottom Brewery. The promotion continues through March 31, 2014, with a portion of all Fire Chief Ale sales donated to the Campbell Historical Museum and the Burn Foundation. Rock Bottom will display photographs and objects from the museum for the duration of the promotion.
Of the 10,000 objects, photographs, and documents in the Campbell Historical Museum collection, over 400 are directly related to the history of Campbell's fire department and paramedics. Rescue 25, a custom 1974 Chevrolet used by Campbell's first firefighter paramedic team, was donated to the City's Historical Museum in 2009 and restored over the course of four years. In addition, the Museum owns a 1917 American-LaFrance Double Tank Chemical Car Fire Engine re-built with parts from Campbell's first fire truck. The Museum collection also includes dozens of photographs of Campbell fire fighters as well as uniforms, equipment, and other fire paraphernalia. The collection, owned by the City of Campbell, is available to researchers by appointment.
For more information about the Campbell Historical Museum and this fundraiser, please phone Julie Carpenter, Museum Specialist, at 408-866-2758.